Heatwave can be very dangerous for our health and can also cause some damage at home.
For your peace of mind😌, Luko has prepared some advice on how to protect yourself and your house during this extreme weather condition.
Things to do before the event to avoid damage:
- Turn off and avoid using too many electronic appliances that tend to overheat;
- Close the shutters and leave the windows closed during the hottest hours;
- Ventilate your accommodation early in the morning and late in the evening;
- Put damp cloths in front of open windows.
Things to do after the event to report damage:
- Be careful not to touch any appliances that can be overheat or could provoque fire;
- Do a damage assessment of your house and check the exterior and interior of your house to make sure everything is in order.
☝️In case of damage:
- From computer and telephone: read this article for more information.
- From phone: click here to submit your claim.
Emergency numbers and useful links:
- The "heat wave info service" telephone platform is open during the summer. Call 0 800 06 66 66 from Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- For health advice, visit https://sante.gouv.fr/