An avalanche is a large amount of snow moving quickly down a mountain. It is a big danger in the mountain areas, where the risk of excessive snow and ice is high.
For your peace of mind 😌, Luko has prepared some advice on how to protect yourself and your house during this extreme weather condition.
Things to do before the event to avoid damage:
- Close and securely fasten doors and windows.
- Stay in door and do not go to the mountains.
- Cut electricity and prepare an emergency kit.
- Prepare to leave the risk area if possible.
- Follow governmental alerts.
Things to do after the event to report damage:
- Be careful not to touch any electrical/ telephone cables that have been blown down or are still hanging.
- Do a damage assessment of your house and check the exterior and interior of your house to make sure everything is in order.
- Take photos and video of all the damage that took place.