Thunderstorms can occur at any time of the year and can bring the rainfall amounts, hail, decreased visibility, sudden gusty winds, and of course lightning.
For your peace of mind 😌, Luko has prepared for you some advice on how to protect yourself and your house during this bad weather conditions.
Things to do before the event to avoid damage:
- Close and securely fasten doors and windows;
- Keep your property in a well-maintained condition (for example replace/ repair any loose roof tiles, guttering, and so on that could potentially come loose and cause damage to property);
- Secure loose objects such as ladders, garden furniture, trash bins or anything else that could be blown around;
- Cut the electricity and telephone line to prevent power surges;
- Park vehicles in a garage (if you have one) or keep them clear of buildings trees;
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
Things to do after the event to report damage:
- Be careful not to touch any electrical/ telephone cables that have been blown down or are still hanging;
- Not walk too close to walls, buildings, and trees as they could have been weakened;
- Do a damage assessment of your house and check the exterior and interior of your house to make sure everything is in order.