Strong wind can cause sever damage to your house and provoque some power cuts.
For your peace of mind 😌, Luko has prepared some advice on how to protect yourself and your house during this bad weather conditions.
Throughout the alert, follow the instructions of the authorities!
Things to do before the event to avoid damage:
- Close and securely fasten doors and windows.
- Keep your property in a well-maintained condition (for example replace/ repair any loose roof tiles, guttering, and so on that could potentially come loose and cause damage to property).
- Secure loose objects such as ladders, garden furniture, trash bins or anything else that could be blown around.
- Park vehicles in a garage (if you have one) or keep them clear of buildings trees.
- Make sure you are prepared should there be a power cut.
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
Things to do after the event to report damage:
- Be careful not to touch any electrical/ telephone cables that have been blown down or are still hanging.
- Not walk too close to walls, buildings, and trees as they could have been weakened.
- Do a damage assessment of your house and check the exterior and interior of your house to make sure everything is in order.